Saturday, July 5, 2008

I LOVE NEW YORK











This afternoon after my return from work I was sitting idle and changing TV channels. One of the channels was showing the movie "Jaaneman" starring Akshay Kumar, Salman Khan and Priety Zinta. The movie is shot completely in NY and that reminded me of my last years holidays to New York. I remember my first trip to NY on 15th June 2001. I had gone to the World Trade Center, never imagining that this twin towers will not be around in my next trip. That was a very short one weekend trip to NY in between my business visits and some how I didnt like the city. It looked crowded, dirty and people were honking , something you dont see in US. Somhow over the years that I kept on visitng NY I started liking the place and infact loving it. Its happening, its vibrant, its real cosmopolitan and its colorful. I was at NY for almost 9 days during my last trip. As this was Minoo's first trip to NY so we visited some of the tourist places in NY like the Statue of Liberty , Times Square etc. But the real fun was our trip to the eateries, clubs, pubs or restaurants. As Sangeet Sumant were there at that time so we had a wonderful guide in Sangeet who knew all these wonderful places. The Michilada at Cafe Havana was the perfect start to our NY food festival. We had different cuisines like Japanese, Mexican, Italian, lebanese, Chinese, Cuban etc during the trip. Try out the roof top bar on the 20th floor at 230 on 5th Avenue with a view of the Empire state building on its north. Shopping - NY's the best place. For discounts - I prefered the outlet malls and its worth going that far away when you plan to buy a lot. You get lost at the worlds biggest store - MACY's. A walk on the 5th avenue from the Central park (59th street) to the 34th street with honey roasted peanuts is a wonderful experience. On both sides are lined the biggest brands in the world and exclusively designed windows. Rockefeller Center is a stopover for photo sessions in between. A walk on the board walk in New Jersey by the side of River Hudson is a treat. The view from Hoboken, place said to be the birth place of American Baseball, of the Manhatan is gorgeous. This can be along list of adjectives and revisiting NY as and when opportunity comes is part of my Bucket List. Never miss one if you get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Brings back memories of my trip to New York.I saw this movie only because it
was shot in NY.You must watch the movie(yet to be released)'Kismet
Konnections' which is shot extensively in NY and other places of US.