Friday, August 8, 2008

A month of resignations- Will miss Duane


July has been a month of resignations. Apart from three supervisory positions getting vacant at LNM, couple of my buyers in one of my customers plant in Pune also quit to move on. I had mentioned about one of them in my blog in June. But the biggest surprise was Duane with whom I have been working since last more than 10 years. Today is Duanes last day at work and to put it bluntly we worked wonderful as a team and Duane will be missed.
I have travelled with Duane 1000's of miles on road across US visiting our customers. Duane has always been caring enough to take care of me during my US trips, to locate vegetarian restaurant and ensure I dont feel out of place in a different country. Couple of months back we had a more than 2000 miles trip across 9 US states and Canada in 5 days. I have detailed that trip in My May blogs of all 5 days. We share a very friendly relation and his family is more like an Indian family with lot more values than what we perceive about Americans. I have had couple of opportunities meeting Michelle, his wife and last summer when Minoo and I were on holidays to US we had a wonderful dinner at Olive Gardens. I have still pasted on my pin up board in office a small note Duane had given me with a food hamper when I had hit the road with RLD few years back.
Duane likes to adventure and runs marathon also. He cherishes his Boilermaker marathon run with his son and daughter as he always shared pics of this. Though I have never got an opportunity till now to meet Megan and Kyle, his daughter and son, but as much as I have heard about them from Duane , I am sure Duane and Michelle had been great parents to them. Though Duane had been to India couple of times but it was in his previous jobs and not after getting associated with LNM. He was scheduled to come last winter but his passport had expired and may be I will get an opportunity to host him here if he happens to travel to India in his new assignment or on a holidays. His daughter Megan is getting married this month I believe and it will be a great moment in Duanes life.
One thing I would like to mention about Duane here is how organised he was. He could pull out any communication we had in a minute even if that happened 10 years back. I used to make fun of his dependency on the system.
Good bye Duane, Its a surprise and shock at LNM though no one has met you but have always heard about you. We will miss you here. You have been quiet an impact at LNM and will leave a gap here. I wont have any shortage of memory and you will be remembered for being so supportive and dedicated.Most of all I will remember you for a great person to work with. I and my Team at LNM wish you all the best in your life and I am sure we will be in regular contact. Enjoy yourself.

2 comments:

SHRIKANT said...

aww man, quite a shock.

btw which positions got vacant at LNM???

Sandeep said...

Well the CNC supervisor, Ht supervisor and Store in charge quit