Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Is this what we want our children to inherit?

Its been quiet some time I have been off the blog for my recovery process. Slowly and gradually I am getting back to my normal life. I had a wonderful holiday to Kolkatta few days back an it was relaxing and fun.

The world I believe is going through one of its most challenging times with economy and distress. There is so much of tension and mistrust all across the globe. Every day as we read newspapers and watch television - we see so much of innocent lives being lost to unwanted wars and terror attacks. Whether it is war and terror at Israel, India, Pakistan, Gaza, Afghanistan, Iraq, US or any country - the biggest loser is humanity. Innocent lives are being lost. It does not matter which part of the globe or religion they belong to. I think the sight of innocent dead children being carried out on Newspapers should ignite the world to fight against war and hostility. Should we merely watch it thinking we are safe in our houses and forget the terror. I dont think we are safe. Today its somebody else, tomorrow it will be us. Lets revisit our own conscious and ask ourselves, " What are we doing to bring an end to this?" I dont think we can read, forget and sit idle waiting for our turn to get killed. This has led to so much of distrust amongst nations, families, neighbors etc. The society is getting disintegrated. Is this what we want our children to inherit. I am sure all of us will agree in one voice "NO".

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

VERY well put. I get the same feeling when I see the different areas of the city that are dirty, or trash is thrown all over. It is a smaller scale of the same thing. Kids don't even realize that it could be better, they just think this is how it is.
That is why travel is so important - it's important to see other realities.
But it is difficult to get kids who are having a normal life, to realize that these things are going on and to take interest. It is the adults' role - and to set a great example.
Easier said than done. Cities are a mess, the world is a mess due to adults.
But I like how you wrote your piece, and it is an important point.