Monday, April 20, 2009

If I could restart my life...

Last week I had some problems in my laptop and I called my IT guy to help me out with this. He asked me to restart the computer and once I did that it was all working ok. That reminded me of one of my friends who was working in Dubai with a bank as their head of hardware and when I was there for holidays , I asked him what exactly he did in his job. He said 85% of the time he simply asked his colleagues to restart their computer and balance 15% time he would call up the hardware provider to come and resolve the problem. I have come through similar situations with my itouch, blackberry or video games. This made me to think how wonderful it would be to have a restart system in our lives. If only God had created the restart button...... what would I change and do differently.

1. Studied sincerely and gone for post grad.
2. Spent more time with my sister
3. Never would have started smoking
4. Would have given more time to kids when they were growing up
5. Would have loved and married instead of married and loved.
6. Would have spent more time with my grandfather.
7. Started Tennis very early in life.
8. Build a smaller house.

While trying to build up this list I am not getting many points to include which means I am happy and content with most of the things in life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

As your Computer or Blackberry functions in same way after restart (As they were doing before the problem) so would u or for that matter any one would do after getting restarted. Living in same way. It is only when doing the post mortem we realise our mistakes and forget it soon.

Well if i had got a chance to restart i .....

1. Would have pursued the career in my field of education.

2. Would not trust anyone ( Howsoever close he or she is ) beyond a limit .

3. Learned swimming early in life.

4. Spent quality time with family.

prerna kapur said...

very nice attempt sir.. i would rather say u r making us learn by mentioning these points