Tuesday, June 30, 2009

The cost of a Good Night's sleep

Its 2 AM in the morning. Minoo and Divyansh are sound asleep. I abruptly woke up some time back and then onwards have not been able to sleep. Papa, Mummy and Bai ( Grand Ma) left for our home town Purulia last evening for a fortnight. Suddenly I find myself as head of the family. Every time when I have been in such situations its been hard on my sleep. I have always felt restless. I feel how difficult it is to live without guardians. At this age also I feel so protected when parents are around.

The general culture in western world is to live of your own. I have not come across any one ( except some Indian families) as of now who live with their parents or adult children. I have read in history there always has been a joint family system there also but over the years now its non existent. What could have been possible reasons for this? I think we need to know this and find a possible solution for this as this culture is also slowly and steadily coming into our country. Is it just economical compulsions? Or generation gap? Or both ? What ever it is but I feel its not the best way. Life would be more colorful and beautiful if you always have parents living with you. Of course every one in the situation have to give others the breathing space and independence to live their personal part of life. And these minor compromises are too small a cost for a good nights sleep and I pray every one is blessed to have their parents around for long.

No comments: