Saturday, June 14, 2008

What ever happens, happens for good

Minoo being away to Bangalore, I feel I have some time to myself and express myself through this blog. Last two days I have been a bit worried as one of my very good friends lost his job in an MNC. Not exactly lost his job but he was transferred to something which he feels is below his profile and what he was doing presently. When he informed me this information over phone I was confused how to react as initially I was also shocked but I wanted to be strong to keep his spirit and moral up. I told him "Jo hota hai ache ke liye hi hota hai"( What ever happens happens for Good). My Grandfather used to say this and I have seen so many times in my life that when something bad happens the initial reaction is always "Why to me" but the end result of this has always been better. You forget your initial shock. I would like to quote about Steve Jobs who started Apple. I am not sure if you guys have read about him but at 30 he was fired from his own company that he started. To quote him "I didnt see it then, but it turned out that getting fired from Apple was the best thing that could have happened to me.The heaviness of being succesful was replaced by the lightness of being a beginner again, less sure about everything. It freed me to enter one of the most creative periods of my life"

Out of Apple, Steve started NeXT and another company Pixar. Pixar created the worlds first computer animated film, Toy Story. In a remarkable turn of events Apple bought NeXT and this bought Steve back into Apple. Rest they say is history and now most people own an Apple product whether its ipod, iphone or Mac. To quote Steve again"I am pretty sure none of this would have happened if I hadn't ben fired from Apple. It was awful testing medicine, but I guess the patient needed it. Sometimes life hits you in the head with a brick.Dont lose faith."

I remember one training session when I was in Rotaract. The speaker took out a crisp 100 Rs note and asked the 50 odd trainees "Who would like to have this?" There were quiet a few hands up. Then he crumpled the note and again asked if anyone in the audience wanted to have the note. There were again a good chunck lifting there hand. Then he dropped the note in the ground and grind it with his shoes and then picked it up all crumpled and dirty and asked the same question. Again a good no of audience lifted there hand. The he went on to say the reason for his actions,"My friends, No matter what ever I did with the money, you still want it because it did not decrease in value,It is still worth Rs 100.Many times in our life we are dropped, crumpled and ground into dirt by the decisions we make and the circumstances that come our way. We feel as though we are worth less. But no matter what ever will happen, you will never loose your value". My dear friend - a message for you when you feel alone and down - You are still priceless... and especially to those who love you.The worth of our lives comes not in what we do or who we know but by WHO WE ARE.You are special - Dont ever forget it. All the best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wateva happens,happens 4 gud- its true only bcoz v humans ne da ability to turn situations 2 r favour....if v cant do so v would probably keep on ponderin over the prob n neva think abt da solution....come back frm a setback dis is da basic diff 4 me....othrwys i don bliv in destiny n wateve happens...sort....wateva v do is in r hand n v can also direct da consequences.....tho easier said den done ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Goonjan said...

brilliant thots...

specially the rotract club example was simply brilliant!!!