Sunday, June 29, 2008

SMOKING KILLS


( TO WATCH THIS PICTURE EITHER TURN YOUR HEAD ANTICLOCKWISE OR LIFT YOUR MONITOR AND TURN IT CLOCKWISE. DESPITE ALL MY EFFORTS I COULDNOT MAKE THIS PICTURE HORIZONTAL. THIS POSTER IS MADE BY DIVYANSH AND ME).

I was helping out Divyansh making one of his Summer projects today . The project was to make a poster on Smoking is Injurious to health. We made the poster attached here with.

Making the poster took me to my times when I was smoking and how it really kills. The health part of it is may be very well described and documented and every one knows of it but the morally how Smoking Kills. I got into smoking while at college. I am not sure how I took to it but like every body in my room used to smoke so may be I took to it. The habit continued long after I left my college and got married. Minoo had a strong dislike for it and I might have lied to her so many times that I don’t smoke any more but again took to it. Smoking made me lie so many times. Though I was not big time into smoking but as it was something I was doing thinking my family would not know and wanted to hide from them despite promising that I am not doing it, I used to lie. I would avoid taking Kids and Minoo out with me and would like to venture alone so that I can smoke. When I think of all this now I feel so bad and embarrassed, how could I do all this for this bad habit. I might have lost out on some of my prime time to enjoy life and my youth because of this. I believe this was the only vice I had in my life which made me do all other wrongs. Thank God I got this strong motivation to kick this habit and what a difference it has made to my life. I don’t have to now lie from my family nor have to do things away from them. I don’t have to feel guilty when people used to look at me with a nasty look when I would smoke in public place. Smoking really kills – if not healthwise but morally it does. Avoid this.

1 comment:

Laxminarain Mall said...

greatly relieved.thanks