Tuesday, May 20, 2008

DAY 1 - I made my Mark








I have reached Hotel Hamilton Inn at Bedford some time back at 8.30 Pm after the shortest drive of this trip in four hours from Towanda. I last stayed in this hotel in September 2004. This is the place from where I made one of the most expensive calls on my cell phone, negotiating a land deal for the plot where LNM is located today. I am sure this hotel is lucky for me and this place is going to bring me luck in my all important meeting tomorrow. I started my long business trip within US today. I reached RLD's home yesterday night from New Jersey. It was raining badly yesterday afternoon. My drive with RLD to his home was in rains. The whole drive within PA state is beautiful but unfortunately as it was raining couldnt enjoy the beauty. This place is nothing less than you think about switzerland. I have seen this place in all seasons and its beautiful wether theres snow or in autumn when its all colorful. I enjoyed a full Indian meal at RLD's home which was quiet refreshing eating at home after some days. After a good morning meeting at Towanda I went out for lunch with Duane and Dave at Weighbridge cafe in Towanda. Weighbridge cafe is a railway station converted to a cafe in Towanda. Towanda is a small town in PA with around a population of 3000 people. Searching Google on Towanda an interesting fact I found out was it has more female population than male - they can export few of them to India - with sharp decline of female population in India. The weighbridge cafe has a wall where there are signatures of people from different parts of the world. Surprisingly there was no one from India signed on at this place. I thought let me make my mark - I took a ladder from the hostess and put in my name, town and country details with todays date stamped on it. Any one coming here sometime can see "i was here" on the wall from me. The drive from Towanda to Bedford is very scenic but unfortunately my camera was in my bag and I missed out on some good views. But Duane told me that we will cross similar good scenic views more and I am gonna keep my camera with me tomorrow as I drive from here to Bristol - almost 6 hrs. Good about driving with Duane is he lets me take my small naps inbetween where as Teppo in Finland would give the car a big jerk to wake me up - Its fun travelling with these guys.

2 comments:

Laxminarain Mall said...

hi

Dinesh Kumar Mall said...

u shud ve clicked a pic of tat wall were u had written ur name....