Friday, May 23, 2008

Day 3 & 4



Its been tiring with the amount of driving that we are doing so was unable to write the last two nights. We usually reach hotel late and just go bang - to bed. And then we have early morning meetings so it keeps on going.

Well today is the last day of our business trip. I am in Canada. The QEW expressway which runs along the Lake in Canada is superb - 16 lanes both side. Its a great sight.I believe QEW would be Queen Elizabeth Way. It was a long drive yesterday. I believe around 600 + miles staring from Indiana and then Kentucky, Ohio, PA,NY and then into Cananda. We started at around 12 o Clock in the noon and reached our hotel at around 9.30 pm which I believe was descent. Duane - I am sure must be tired driving all the way. I need to now start driving here. May be practise a bit and that I have an international driving license - so should not be a problem. The sun has been bright and sunny through out the day. We see so much back home in TV's or read about US recession. I dont see a damn here. There are as many people in the Malls or restaurants as there used to be. I mean there is absolutely no difference may be its increasing more - the spending habits. But yes one thing that I noticed changing is size of cars. Cars are getting smaller - its difficult to maintain the gallon gulping SUV's and trucks that people drove with oil at 4 USd per gallon here. Most of todays drive was flat - I mean there are no hills and its not a scenic drive till you enter into Canada. But the day before when we drove from Virginia at Kenucky - that was beautiful. We went across four states. Kentucky - we know in India for KFC, Kentucky is famour for its horses. Kentucky Derby is world renowned.SO you see miles and miles of farms with horses grazing around. Horses may be expensive here than people. Another thing for which Kentucky is famous is whiskey. Duane told that they make the best whickeys but surprisingly most of the state is dry like we have in Gujarat. I was not aware that US has dry states but there are a few. Its a religious state also with most people go for Bible reading on wednesdays. By the way we had dinner at Olive Gardens here - one of my best dining places.

In couple of hours we will leave this hotel for our meeting in Canada. And after that Duane drops me into Buffalo airport and I fly back to NY over the weekend - need to get myself some clothes. I am having some backache for last two days and I hope it gets over or will kill the weekend. Duane drives back home to be withhis family and its a long weekend with Memorial day holiday on Monday. Its a five hour drive for him. I would be ungrateful if I dont mention Duane's help to me personally and LNM in business. He is such a good sport and I believe we have built up such a great understanding amongst each other which makes the business smooth. Thanks Duane for everything and you made this trip very comfortable.

Catch you guys later - may be from India.

No comments: