Saturday, May 17, 2008

Welcome to USA

Its bright and sunny as I get up this morning rather afternoon. I am at New Jersey at my cousin Pankajs place. It was raining badly when I landed in NY yesterday night. The community where Pankaj leaves is beautiful and peaceful. Its all green at this time with new leaves on the trees. Very peaceful.Leaving at his place reminded me of my bachelor days except that its pretty neat and clean.

The flight to NY was as usual tiring. My flight from Delhi was delayed by more than 45 minutes. I had done my online check in and as I always prefer had taken an aisle seat on a two seater row. And then you pray that you have a good company on the long flight. So I waited on my seat expecting that I get a good company to take care of the long 81/2 hrs flight to London. But no one turns up and its a good news that its vacant and I have enough space for myself to sleep through for my flight to London. I had choice of watching 4 hindi movies. I had seen three of them and the fourth was Saanwariya. But still I couldn't get enough courage to see the Sanjay leela Bhansali movie. So i prefer to watch Jab we met again and JUNO - for which I had read lot of good reviews in some news article. There was not enough time in London so I rush to my gate which takes me 40 odd minutes in London for my connecting flight.
I board my flight from London for new York and again wait looking for a lucky company on the window seat next to me. There comes this 50- 55 year old fatty type Indian guy next to me with a hello smile. Dreams shattered. Bust as you know I have been very lucky in my life through out. This guy is on a wrong seat, his seat is in the front row and comes in a beautiful British blonde - Keera. We exchange usual Hellos. She is going on a holidays to Bahamas for 10 days to do YOGA. Thats power of Ramdevbaba. So it was a good company and you are fresh when you get down at NY. And as i said earlier I have always been lucky in my life - Keera is flying in the same flight on my return journey - 26th to London back.
RLD picks me up today for my trip ahead. I will be travelling almost 2000 miles in the next 5 days and Duane will be my company. I hope we have a good time ahead.

No comments: