Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Day 2- I am gonna work till I retire

I had a good meeting in the morning with my customers. It has been raining since morning and before setting out of Bedford Duane and me had a luncheon meeting with our former buyer of this company in Bedford. He had retired since I came last time and we thought it will be good to catch up with him. Speaking to him during lunch I enquired about how he spends his day - and he said he walks till 1 pm every day and at times 19 miles. I found this crazy way to spend your time. I have been always talking that I am going to retire pretty early in my career but seeing him I felt this might be a bad decision. I now understand how important it is to keep on working - may be not always at work but things which will keep me creatively busy. So I am now decided that I am not gonna stop working early as I had planned out and am sure I would keep working at LNM for much longer than I thought I will do. Its pretty important to keep yourself busy and I know I will be the last one to keep walking.

Well, I am at my hotel room in Bristol. It has been a long day with this more than 6 hrs of driving. We crossed 4 states - Pennsylvania, Maryland, West Virginia and then Virginia. This trip is going to take me into nine US states and then Canada. As I had mentioned earlier it was lousy weather when I started the day- raining and raining but as we reached into Virginia - it became bright and sunny. Duane had a surprise visit for me in Bristol. I went to see the stadium where they have the NASCAR races. A huge stadium which accommodates 1,00,000 people and it was great to be in there after having seen all this on TV. Duane and me had the whole stadium to us and I could hear the echo of 100000 people roaring in my ears. It was a great experience to be there and I thank Duane for this. I have taken some good pictures there but some body has made a mess of the card reader in my laptop and I am unable to upload this now. But I will share this as soon as I get a replacement. One of the best things for some one in a marketing job is that it allows you to see great places and meet exciting people. The last one month has really rekindled the spark within and I am enjoying it. But travelling on US roads is so monotonous with no holes or bad roads. Miles and Miles of great expressways and its great that Duane keeps on driving wonderfully on these roads - I would have gone to sleep as there's no excitement like we have back home - no rickshaws or cows coming , no human gay walking in the middle. Add to that I have Duane on my side for five long days. Hope I had Keera driving me around :-) Catch you tomorrow as we travel from here to Kentucky.

2 comments:

Laxminarain Mall said...

that's the right approach.No one can ever be retired.We have been born to work.thats what Geeta says.With everything at his disposal still Lord Krishna had to do some or other thing.Of course the portfolio of work must suitably change with time and age and maturity such as to work for personal care to work for society and in between to work for wards career.A balance has to be bridged.Take care. tahnx to Duane for taking your specual care.love

Dinesh Kumar Mall said...

everything seems so good.....frm here..........waise who is keera lolzzzz :p